Preparing for the SatoshiChain Bridge Testing
Connecting to the Sepolia Testnet and Polygon Mumbai Testnet
We would like to begin by apologizing to our community for the recent issues faced while using the Goerli Testnet for SatoshiChain Bridge testing. In response to these challenges, we have decided to abandon the Goerli Testnet in favor of the more reliable Sepolia Testnet. Additionally, we have added the Polygon Mumbai Testnet as another option for the testing phase. Our team is still on track to begin testing the SatoshiChain Bridge in mid-April, and we are excited to see the results. This article will guide you through the process of connecting to both the Sepolia Testnet and the Polygon Mumbai Testnet, obtaining test tokens, and participating in our incentivized testnet and airdrop campaign.
Switching to the Sepolia Testnet:
Due to the problems faced by our users while acquiring test ETH, we have abandoned the Goerli Testnet. We believe that the Sepolia Testnet will provide a more seamless experience for our community members. The following steps will help you connect to the Sepolia Testnet:
- Open your MetaMask wallet and click on the network dropdown menu at the top.
- If the Sepolia Testnet is not already listed, select “Custom RPC” from the list.
- Enter the following details:
- Network Name: Sepolia Test Network
- New RPC URL:https://rpc2.sepolia.org
- Chain ID: 11155111
- Currency Symbol: SepoliaETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://sepolia.etherscan.io
Click “Save” to add the Sepolia Testnet to your MetaMask wallet.
Getting Test ETH on Sepolia Testnet:
To obtain test ETH on the Sepolia Testnet, you can use any of the following faucets:
- Infura Faucet: https://www.infura.io/faucet
- Sepolia Faucet: https://sepoliafaucet.com/
- Sepolia Dev Faucet: https://faucet.sepolia.dev/
Simply connect your MetaMask wallet to your preferred faucet and follow the instructions to receive test ETH.
Connecting to the Polygon Mumbai Testnet:
The Polygon Mumbai Testnet offers a second avenue to test and offers easy access to test Matic tokens and increased scalability, security, and low transaction fees. To connect to the Mumbai Testnet, configure your wallet (such as MetaMask) with the following network details:
- Network name: Mumbai
- Network URL: https://matic-mumbai.chainstacklabs.com
- Chain ID: 80001
- Currency symbol: MATIC
- Block explorer URL: https://mumbai.polygonscan.com/
Follow these steps to add the Mumbai Testnet to your MetaMask wallet:
- Open your MetaMask wallet and click on the network dropdown menu located at the top of the window.
- Select “Custom RPC” from the list.
- Enter the Mumbai network details mentioned above.
- Click “Save” to add the Mumbai Testnet to your wallet.
Receiving Test Matic on Polygon Mumbai Testnet:
To receive test Matic for the Mumbai Testnet, visit the Polygon Mumbai Testnet faucet at https://faucet.polygon.technology/.
Follow these steps to request test Matic:
- Make sure your wallet is connected to the Mumbai Testnet.
- Copy your wallet address from MetaMask or your preferred wallet.
- Paste your wallet address into the input field on the faucet page.
- Complete the captcha verification, if required.
- Click “Request Matic” to receive test Matic tokens.
Please note that the faucet may have a limit on the number of test Matic tokens you can request per day. It is also essential to remember that these tokens have no real-world value and are meant for testing purposes only.
Incentivized Testnet and Airdrop Campaign:
As a reminder, testers are eligible for airdrops during our incentivized testnet campaign. For more details about this campaign, eligibility criteria, and potential rewards, please refer to our previous Medium article. The bridge testing phase will run from mid-April to mid-May. We encourage users to report any feedback or issues they encounter during the testing process via our Discord in the feedback section. Your input is valuable and helps us improve the project.
We extend our heartfelt apologies to our community for the issues encountered with the Goerli Testnet. Our team is committed to providing the best possible experience for our users, and we believe that the Sepolia Testnet and Polygon Mumbai Testnet will help us achieve that goal. We are eager to see how the bridge testing unfolds and appreciate your continued support.
Thank you for being a part of the SatoshiChain community!
Christopher Kuntz — Co-founder of SatoshiChain